Maybe you’ve fallen, or your tooth aches incredibly.
If your tooth has been knocked completely out:
- Pick up the tooth by the crown. DO NOT PICK UP BY THE ROOT
- Rinse the tooth gently in saliva, milk or saline or a tooth storage product (you can find at the pharmacy)
- Bring the tooth in the solution you used to clean it.Or, teens and adults can place the tooth between the cheek and jaw but avoid touching it or moving it around
- Apply cold compress and minimize bleeding
If you’ve broken a tooth bring the broken tooth with you. In the meantime:
- Rinse your mouth with warm water
- Apply gauze or a tea bag with pressure to stop any bleeding
- Apply ice to the cheek or lips near the broken tooth to minimize swelling
- Take an anti-inflammatory
Address your dental emergency with Dr. Granger.